BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

You gotta be wise

Listen as your day unfolds, challenge what the future holds, try and keep your head up to the sky. Lovers, they may cause you tears, go ahead release your fears, stand up and be counted, don't be ashamed to cry. You gotta be, You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, You gotta be wiser, you gotta be hard, You gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, You gotta stay together

Ronald Reagan

"Abraham Lincoln recognized that we could not survive as a free land when some men could decide that others were not fit to be free and should therefore be slaves. Likewise, we cannot survive as a free nation when some men decide that others are not fit to live and should be abandoned to abortion or infanticide."
~ Ronald Reagan – Abortion and the Conscience of the Nation ~
Anne Geddes

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Family

“Most good things happen without a plan: friendships, falling in love, finding a job, and so on. If you want to make your new year count, you’ll need to be intentional — not by setting goals, but by making space in your life for what really matters.”
Jeff Goins (via dark-rye)

That is my only goal in life. To just be happy. Live life to the fullest. Treasure all the small things. Remember every moment, every laugh, every smile that my girls have, to make room for what really matters.
Sure, there are things I want in life. To get my BSN and my Masters, to buy a house, to advance in my nursing career, become certified in forensic nursing, to skydive, to go snorkeling, to go to Greece, to hike up every mountain in the Adirondaks, to set up camp on the side of a mountain for a weekend, to go kayaking, to build a house.

There are a lot of things I want to do in this life. But, none of them really matter in the grand scheme of things. As long as I have my family, my siblings, my parents, my husband, my girls-as long as they are all healthy and happy, as long as I always have my family, nothing else really matters. I live every breath of my life for my girls, for my family. I want to photograph every moment, write down every word said, feel every hug, every kiss, so that I never forget it. That is what really matters in this life. Family. You can't replace them, you can't forget them. So, my sole goal is to love my family, my beautiful girls and my husband the best that I can. Because, you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Family is the most important thing in life, after all, if you don't have your family to live for, what kind of life are you really living?















0 comments: